I thought since our meetings with CTI and Guardian were so close I would wrap these up into into one post.
CTI - We had our meeting with them on Saturday, this was a tough day because our daughter had her SAT's at 7:45 and our meeting was at 9:00. Needless to say we were a tad bit late :0
Our Rep was nice and patient. In all honesty, I was just a little disappointed because they did not have the darker floor that we wanted, but no big deal. The only thing decision we made was to upgrade the carpet padding throughout the entire house and choose our carpet colors for the basement and the upper floors. We are still debating on whether or not to upgrade the carpet in the family room to Berber. Pics below:
|Light color is for the upper 2 floors, darker is for the basement.|
Guardian - Meeting was last night. our SR was very nice and even changed is hours to accommodate our schedule. The meeting started off very well until I asked him when did we have to get back to him with our final selections and he told us that we had to make our decisions right then and there! Really???? We don't have time to take this this all in and come back with our final choices? So with that tid bit of info, we kindly provided the locations of our 3 phone lines and 3 cable hook ups and called it a night. Sorry buddy, but we are not going to be pressured into making any decision tonight! We went to the meeting with intentions to purchase the Alarm System, and Surround Sound, but we passed on both.
Oh, I forgot, we also got the pre-wiring for the our flat screen above the fireplace, a whopping $440! The poor guy kept saying so "I'll write up this order for $440.00 right? and we kept saying yes, if we have to make our final decisions tonight, then yes, our order will only be for $440.00. He kept telling us that Ryan told them that they have to have the final decision the day of the appointment, etc. I have never heard of this. The bad thing is that we budgeted $4,000 for this but thought we would have time to work out the numbers at home. So in the end we saved a total of $3560 in options that were not in our Top 5 must have's anyway! Now maybe we can apply those funds elsewhere or no where at all....either way this works for me!