I don't know about you, but boy am I'm glad it's Friday! This has been a stressful week trying to finalize all of our selections. This process has been so overwhelming and I keep second guessing myself! Why can't I just make up my mind?!?
One thing that did want to mention about Ryan Homes is that we have found them to be very accommodating when it comes to making custom changes to their floor plans. They have been very flexible with our request and so far they have been able to accept all of our requests.
I thought I would detail our selections thus far in the process in the hopes that seeing our selections all in one place would help me with making our final choices. We still have not had our final selection meeting yet so we still have time to make changes :) I don't know if that is good thing or a bad thing! lol!
Model: Taylor 2808 Sq Ft Standard, just over 4,000 with additions: Link to virtual tour: http://www.ryanhomes.com/community/maryland/villages-of-urbana-traditional/taylor
Sorry but I can't seem to find a picture of our model with siding :(
Elevation C - No Porch - siding instead of brick
5 Bedrooms 3 1/2 Baths - Converted Media Room to a 5th Bedroom with a private bath
Finished Basement with Walk Up Welded Exit - Basement is in ground
Upgraded Trim, Crown Molding, and Chair Railings in the Foyer, Living Room, Dining room and Stairs
Egress Window in Basement Bedroom
Morning Room with Sliding Glass Door
Sitting Room in Master Bedroom
Fireplace with Blower Remote in Family Room - Side location
7 Ceiling Rough-In's
Garage Door Opener
Hardwood Floors: Foyer, Half Bath, Dining Room
Tile: Kitchen, Morning Room
Carpet: Living Room, Family Room, Office, Bedrooms, Basement
Vinyl: Laundry Room
- Level 2 Cabinets
- Stainless Steel Appliances
- No Microwave
- Gourmet Island
- Double Wall Ovens
- Moved the the Microwave to the Pantry - included a 110v outlet
- Tile Floor
- Recessed Lights
- Upgraded Fridge to a different model: Still waiting on pricing
Adding Tile Back Splash
Under Cabinet Lights
May change fridge from 25.9 to 28 cubic ft
- Removed one of three Columns to open up the room
Add Bay Window
- Fireplace with blower remote
- 2 Recessed Lights above the fireplace
- Flat Panel TV Pre-Wire
Upgrade carpet to berber
- Recessed Lights
- Welded Exit
- Added a wall and door where the morning room extends into the basement to a private room. We call this room the "Lab". Cheap to do and it gives us 3 private areas in the basement.
- Added a walk in closet in the 5th bedroom
Upgrades and Changes:
- Bedroom #2 - changing closet to Walk-in
- Master Bath - Changed Tub to a heart shaped tub instead of oval
- Hall Bath - Tile, Granite and double bowl sinks
- Added 110v outlet in Master Bedroom Closet
Add Tray Ceilings in the Master Bedroom
Also considering adding the following:
Stained Glass Front Door - Thanks Noey! Our SR wasn't even aware that this was an option!
Adding 15 window treatments through CTI.
Freebies: - (not really) lot premium!
- 2 extra windows in the living room - included with the lot
- additional landscaping on the side of the house - included with the lot